The article may contain affiliate links.
Would you like to spend less time on your skin care? Do you wish yourself a good skin condition instead of using moisturizers making your skin fatty and cleansers making it dry so you have to use the moisturizer…? After I chose to simplify skin care, I didn’t go to cosmetic stores for months or even a year! And I don’t see any reason to exchange my natural, simple routine for store cosmetics.
Why is it worth to choose simple skin care?
The article contains affiliate links.
Fewer things at home. Less clutter. Less cleaning. Less organizing. Less going over all cosmetics to check and throw away outdated products.
Healthier skin when you don’t put on it preservatives, fragrances, and other chemicals.
Naked skin is able to breathe and keep its protective lipid barrier.
Naked skin enables your body to absorb sun rays and produce divine vitamin D.
Using only a few cosmetics means light and easy packing when you travel.
Simplified skin care leaves you more free time. You can use this time for sleep that also improves skin’s appearance and health.
How to simplify skin care?
1. Free your skin from body/hands/legs/nails cream/milk/balm/lotion/butter or replace it with coconut oil, olive oil or another oil that you like.
2. Get back to a natural, simple and healthy relationship with the Sun. Give up self-tanning cream, sunscreens, cosmetics healing sunburn, speeding up and prolonging suntan. Learn how to have a safe and healthy contact with the Sun.
Maybe you’ll choose raspberry seed oil, like me?
Read my article about the simple, one ingredient sunscreen.
3. Make your own simple deodorant. Or choose the most natural that you can find in stores.
Read my article about my all uses of coconut oil.
Read more about natural deodorants.
4. Shave with a metal razor or/and use your tweezers.
It’s almost zero waste and together with following the rest of the advice, lets you no longer visit cosmetics stores.
5. Find your method for a beautiful and clean hair with fewer cosmetics.
I’m still looking for a perfect method for me. Now, what works for me is using Marseille soap to wash my hair every other washing. And every other washing I use a normal shampoo or a more natural one by Grandma Agafia – including 17 herbs from Siberia.
6. Love your natural hair color.
Try to stop dying them. If you’re not satisfied with your natural color, search for information, how to make your hair lighter or darker naturally.
What lightens my blonde hair? Sun exposition, lemon, and chamomile.
7. Give up or reduce makeup and nail painting. Reducing the number of makeup products used every day or reducing the number of days when you need makeup, are good ideas to try. Experiments on this subject can be a huge step on the way to simplify skin care. Because less makeup means also less makeup removing products.
8. Eat and drink as healthy as you can, so your face skin and your lips will be in a good condition, so you’ll like to show, not to hide them.
Go out and smile to the Sun instead of using a bronzer.
Is less more when it comes to skin care? – check Jessica’s experience in this subject.
If you find the knowledge valuable, be grateful, apply it mindfully into your life and pass the positive energy you've got forward. How? Send the article to people important to you, support my work or other cause with the intention that the gained knowledge will keep transforming your life. If the articles on the Slow and Happy blog are valuable for you, subscribe to the newsletter.
blog | support | follow | Parenting Resources Bundle [only till July 31st] | A Simple Year 2018 course