The article may contain affiliate links.
The registration for A Simple Year 2019 course is open! 🙂 If you feel that you need more space, time and inner peace in your life, check the course here. Let youself be guided by 15 simple living experts through 12 spheres of life, and for each sphere you'll have a full month of knowledge, advice and inspiration.
- With a digital connection, you can join from anywhere in the world. - At the end of the year, you’ll get lifetime access to the course material. - 2019 is the last edition of the program. - Find likeminded people in a private FB group. - We offer a 30-day refund policy. - The Simple Year 2019 curriculum and contact if you'd have any additional questions are here.
If you live more consciously, you may already know that the drugstore cosmetics are usually only completely ineffective, but even seriously harmful. So at the beginning of summer let’s look for a natural, homemade sunscreen.
Sometimes they cause symptoms and even disease, against which they theoretically protect. After some years when sunblock sunscreen is on the market researchers say that people using it, have an increased risk of skin cancer… So if you love yourself, you do not want to use these cosmetics.
This article contains affiliate links.
Alternatives: one ingredient homemade sunscreen
Coconut oil – not quite
Looking for a natural alternative to store sunblock – full of substances with unexamined effects, I found out that coconut oil is a natural substance with the effect of sunscreen. I was using it last summer. The skin, however, got red quickly (I and my Son are sweet blond), so I kept searching.
But I still use coconut oil as toothpaste.
Raspberry seed oil – it may be what you are looking for!
This year, I found out that raspberry seed oil contains a sunscreen with SPF between 30 and 50 – depending on the oil quality.
How to choose good oil?
As with any oil: to eat, or as a cosmetic, if you want to profit from 100% of raspberry seed oil properties, look for a cold pressed and unrefined one.
My assessment of raspberry seed oil as a homemade sunscreen
This year we don’t experience extreme heat waves, but the sunny days appear, and then I apply raspberry seed oil on my and my Son’s skin.
– The skin gets lightly tanned, but it is not ugly and dangerously red.
– It is efficient – at the beginning, I used it sparingly, but hardly anything diminished from the bottle. Now I do not save it – I let it cover well the skin. If it would diminish quickly, I would mix it with coconut oil.
What else except of a good oil I recommend to protect against the harmful effects of the sun?
– Do not expose to the harsh sun when it is pointless. Enjoy the sun in the morning, let’s say until 9 am and then after 5 pm. During the rest of the day stay mostly in the shade.
– Get tanned slowly. Delicate tan begins to protect against the harmful effects of the sun. But getting sunburnt is neither pleasant nor healthy.
– Remember, you need to get some sun kisses on your skin to produce divine vitamin D. Vitamin D cares, among other things, about our psyche, bones, and teeth.
Ms. Hania, a wonderful woman, who lives in Australia, living naturally (cured brain cancer, giving up conventional medicine treatments), advises exposing as much skin and eyes as you can to the sun for 15 minutes daily, during the strongest sunshine hours (around midday).
Oh, just do not wash the whole surface of your skin with soap every day! A natural layer of fat that forms on the skin participates in the vitamin D production. If you get rid of that layer using soap – there will be no vitamin.
– I read an opinion that avoiding eating grains has a positive effect on receiving the sun by our body. According to this opinion, if you don’t eat grains, you don’t get new moles on your skin after every summer. I plan to verify this rule, but slowly. I’m still eating gluten.
You can buy raspberry seed oil [easyazon_link identifier=”B009M97Q0C” locale=”US” tag=”slowandhapp02-20″]HERE[/easyazon_link], and [easyazon_link identifier=”B00GB85JR4″ locale=”US” tag=”slowandhapp02-20″]here is vitamin D[/easyazon_link], which you should supplement nine months in the year, if you live in temperate or continental climate. So if you have healthy contact with the sun, described above, think about supplementation from September to May (in Europe). The body with a deficiency of [easyazon_link identifier=”B00GB85JR4″ locale=”US” tag=”slowandhapp02-20″]vitamin D[/easyazon_link] is less resistant to the harmful effects of the sun, when the summer starts.
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”160″ identifier=”B009M97Q0C” locale=”US” src=”http://slowandhappy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/51emh0jL5jL.SL160.jpg” tag=”slowandhapp02-20″ width=”140″]
Note: I’m not a doctor. I share the knowledge that I use myself. I share the knowledge acquired for years, not one quick internet research made in a few hours one day. It is the reason for the lack of sources (I do not have the habit of saving links, all the more I do not hoard links to what I read two years ago). But the lack of sources comes also from the fact that a lot of medical research is carried to show a pre-determined outcome (researchers choose proper methods to prove their point). There ia already research for every point. For example research will tell you that coffee is healthy and evil, that running is healthy and unhealthy, that carotene helps and harms.
For the third time I repeat on this blog an important truth:
No, the big companies are not taking care of your well-being or health!
Large companies, nor governments of any state nor other organizations care about your financial, mental, spiritual well-being, or your health.
Dentists earn thanks to broken teeth, they have no interest in healthy teeth. Pharmaceutical companies are cashing in on the sick, not healthy.
Yes, you need to take care of yourself, take your life and your health in your own hands, because no one else will do it for you!
I wish you healthy contact with sun this year!
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” identifier=”B009M97Q0C” key=”image” locale=”US” tag=”slowandhapp02-20″]
If you find the knowledge valuable, be grateful, apply it mindfully into your life and pass the positive energy you've got forward. How? Send the article to people important to you, support my work or other cause with the intention that the gained knowledge will keep transforming your life. If the articles on the Slow and Happy blog are valuable for you, subscribe to the newsletter.
blog | store | support | follow | A Simple Year 2019 course