The article may contain affiliate links.
The registration for A Simple Year 2019 course is open! 🙂 If you feel that you need more space, time and inner peace in your life, check the course here. Let youself be guided by 15 simple living experts through 12 spheres of life, and for each sphere you'll have a full month of knowledge, advice and inspiration.
- With a digital connection, you can join from anywhere in the world. - At the end of the year, you’ll get lifetime access to the course material. - 2019 is the last edition of the program. - Find likeminded people in a private FB group. - We offer a 30-day refund policy. - The Simple Year 2019 curriculum and contact if you'd have any additional questions are here.
Today the internet is full of advice on blogging. You should do research, take photos, write, search for best keywords, photoshop the photos, create a call to action, let people know on social media, observe the audience behavior, improve user experience, care about SEO… Or you can try slow blogging.
This all above is not blogging. It’s a hard work.
I’m not following all the advice just because I wanted to blog as a free-time activity. For fun, not labor.
I want to be a full-time mother, not a full-time worker. So I’m doing it my way.
What is slow blogging?
Some characteristics of a happy blogger’s non-ideal blog:
– Texts don’t have to have headings.
– If writing is the core of your blogging, you can use no photos (is Zen Habits blog not successful?) or add photos to last twenty posts at one time.
– You can spread your content on social media or other platforms… once a month.
– You can write texts of different lengths and styles if you feel so.
This subject is what my book A little guide to slow blogging: Or How to find your blog and life balance is about. I’ve written there guidance on how to find the right balance between your blog and life so that your blog is not overwhelming you.
So, keep only the advice you like and don’t let your blog stress you!
If you find the knowledge valuable, be grateful, apply it mindfully into your life and pass the positive energy you've got forward. How? Send the article to people important to you, support my work or other cause with the intention that the gained knowledge will keep transforming your life. If the articles on the Slow and Happy blog are valuable for you, subscribe to the newsletter.
blog | store | support | follow | A Simple Year 2019 course