Do not you sometimes ask yourself, does ecology make sense, or is it only loud about it?
Today being eco-friendly is a subject full of emotions, associations and conflicts. Let’s forget about them and let’s go back to the beginning.
We want to have clean, healthy and nice surroundings. We want to admire the distant views, not the smog over picturesquely located mountain towns. We do not want our great-grandchildren to swim in the trash. And the forecasts are just that: probably in 2050 the amount of garbage in the oceans will be greater than the amount of fish.
So let us remember these basic purposes of changing our lives for more environmentally friendly.
Why to be eco-friendly?
You live, considering the impact of your various activities and decisions on the environment – it is being eco-friendly. The purpose is to leave our environment in the best possible condition – even selfishly for ourselves.
Conscious actions in this area are necessary because their absence simply destroys our world, and thereby it is destroying us: our well-being, health, safety.
How is the world being destroyed?
- Production of food, items, energy, and packaging:
– sends tons of toxins into the soil, water and atmosphere,
– consumes natural resources (soil, wood, etc.),
– produces garbage – production machinery and documentation, lots of packaging (product, transportation, wholesale).
- Transport of excess products or unnecessary transportation of products to the other end of the world:
– poisons air, soil and water with exhaust fumes,
– consumes the natural resource – fuel,
– produces garbage – cars, trains, replacement parts for their repairs, as well as packets, boxes and so on.
And why do I write unnecessary transport? A fruit grown far away not allowed to mature on the tree nor in the sun, but forced to mature later, dipped in chemicals, transported for weeks, stored in cold stores and re-sprayed with chemicals in the shops – you will not get nutrients for your body from these fruits. They are like cardboard. A shoe, like the one from the other side of the world, your neighbor could sew. It’s just that we have so fools economic set that it is cheaper to bring it from the other end of the world.
- Purchase, storage, care, and then disposal of the product:
– waste your time: you deal with things, instead with other people, yourself or experiences,
– limit your space which becomes smaller and smaller as you buy and buy,
– make you more frequent take out the trash,
– result in more garbage in landfills, in the seas, oceans, forests… – several packages of the product, and after time also the worn out item,
– poison the soil in which a tomato grows you would like to eat,
– poison water.
This is why to be eco-friendly. Notice that you can give a breath to our environment by simply reducing consumption. By implementing into our lives minimalism, which I promote.
You do not have to start with composting or mixing borax with something to be less harmful for the planet. Start by giving up bringing home plastic and buying strong disinfecting cleaners.